Los Angeles, CA asked in Criminal Law for Arizona

Q: In 2018 the court set aside my disorderly conduct and my record from the Glendale Municipal Court states “13-907.01” ?

This was originally a 1 night stay in jail, but my legal guardians spoke to the judge to keep me for longer & the judge was forced to make my charges worse. It is a Disorderly Conduct (Domestic Violence) charge, that in 2018 was set aside with my parents in court by a judge.

I just looked up the case and it says — APPLICATION TO VACATE CONVICTION PURSUANT TO 13-907.01

This was at the Glendale Municipal Court in Glendale Arizona.

13-907.01 online in Arizona states that I was charged with a prostitution charge and by evidence proved I was being trafficked and the judge set it aside, when my case had 0 to do with prostitution. It should be “13-907. “ instead, correct?

Thank you, Dylan

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Steven Scharboneau
Steven Scharboneau
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Anthem, AZ
  • Licensed in Arizona

A: I'd have to look more into this. That said, if you were a juvenile at the time there could be options for having your record sealed all together. Also, there is a new law that will go into effect on 1/1/2023 that will provide an avenue for expungement in Arizona. This may be something you want to explore. If you have more questions about this, most criminal defense attorneys (myself included) will discuss your case with you at no charge.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.