Mesa, AZ asked in Family Law, Civil Litigation and Domestic Violence for Arizona

Q: Is there anything I can do to stop/ change an Order of Protection which has removed me from my home & Primary residence?

I did nothing but, have been told I said something of concern. Which I don't remember. The order also includes my 2 minor children.

I have been homeless for 4 months due to this Order. I am the primary homeowner. My girlfriend and mother of our 2 kids is in the home. She is the co borrower. She won't let me come home insisting I seek mental health care.

1 Lawyer Answer
Stephen M Vincent
Stephen M Vincent
  • Scottsdale, AZ
  • Licensed in Arizona

A: I'm sorry to hear of your situation. You are in a very precarious situation. I STRONGLY recommend you consult with an attorney and have them review the Order of Protection and the deed to your house before you take any action.

If you have not done so already, you can challenge the Order of Protection. Be aware, if you challenge and lose, it really hurts your custody case and would almost certainly give her full custody.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.