Plaquemine, LA asked in Car Accidents for Louisiana

Q: After I fired my lawyer and he had an settlement amount, how can I settle for the money if I fired him? Who do I talk to

I fired my lawyer because he wasn’t fighting for me and made me stop treating while I was still hurting. But I can’t work , I’m in school with no car and need transportation and money. What can I do? I already have a new lawyer looking into my case.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Randy Bryan Ligh
Randy Bryan Ligh
  • Personal Injury Lawyer
  • Baton Rouge, LA
  • Licensed in Louisiana

A: Since you have stated that you have already fired your lawyer and you already have sought a new lawyer, I will reply---you are on the right track in seeking to hire another lawyer to assume representation of you----most attorneys who represent injured people will provide a free initial consultation so I would contact a few accident/injury lawyers in your area, set up a consultation and bring your file to the consultation and after you have consulted with a few lawyers, then hire the one with whom you are most comfortable. Good luck.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.