Jacksonville, FL asked in Trademark for Florida

Q: How do i get my artist name trademarked

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers
Fritz-Howard Raymond Clapp
Fritz-Howard Raymond Clapp pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Trademarks Lawyer
  • Beverly Hills, CA

A: A performer may apply for federal registration of his/her stage name, if it is not confusingly similar to another performer who has used the name earlier in time. The application would be made for entertainment services, and could also be supplemented by registrations for use on fan merchandise. Contact a qualified trademark attorney to assess the matter and recommend how to proceed.

Erik Špila agrees with this answer

Erik Špila
Erik Špila
  • Trademarks Lawyer
  • Senec, Slovakia

A: If you want to trademark your artist name in European union, it is possible too. There are many such trademarks already registered here.

First I recommend trademark search for possible conflicting trademarks and then you can use legal practitioner in EU to file EU trademark on your behalf. The EUTM covers all 28 member states.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.