Oklahoma City, OK asked in Municipal Law, Personal Injury and Traffic Tickets for Louisiana

Q: What do u do about a concrete subdivision sign that is blocking the view of oncoming traffic?

My daughter got in a wreck and said she doesn't remember seeing headlights coming. Because of this concrete sign. Everyone complains about it. She got a ticket but the sign is obstructing her view.

1 Lawyer Answer
Randy Bryan Ligh
Randy Bryan Ligh
  • Traffic Tickets Lawyer
  • Baton Rouge, LA
  • Licensed in Louisiana

A: More information is needed before one can render an assessment of whether or not the concrete subdivision sign was improperly placed and whether or not it was a legal cause of the collision. If you posted this because of a traffic ticket issued to your daughter, then you might want to take photos of the sign from the vantage point of a driver in your daughter's position/point of view and then contact a traffic ticket attorney for a consult. If you are seeking personal injuries/property damage then you want to do the same but with an accident/injury lawyer. Good luck.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.