Hopkinsville, KY asked in Criminal Law, Federal Crimes and Probate for Kentucky

Q: In Kentucky is someone eligible for shock probation if they get caught for trafficking meth and probation violation.

Serve their time then get released, just to get hit with 10 probation violations for felony offences? Let's say hypothetically if someone Had a friend get caught for trafficking meth first offense first degree and a probation violation. He served about two years on that, then was released. A couple months after his release he got caught for trafficking meth more than 3 grams first degree first offense and also got hit with 10 probation violations for felony offenses with all 10 (ten) equaling over $100,000. Two months after being jailed he's back on the streets. Would the hypothetical friend get shock probation or would he be 'singing' so to speak?

1 Lawyer Answer
Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Louisville, KY
  • Licensed in Kentucky

A: Impossible to say for certain but the likelihood is greater that he’s talking than just getting lucky breaks.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.