Chino Valley, AZ asked in Child Custody, Child Support, Divorce and Family Law for Arizona

Q: I am trying to take my infant son to a family wedding out of state while still getting divorced. 50/50 ldm and pt.

I am only requesting a small schedule change to take my 3 year old son to a major life event she is obstructing. What course can I take. This divorce has gotten very high conflict.

1 Lawyer Answer
Stephen M Vincent
Stephen M Vincent
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Scottsdale, AZ
  • Licensed in Arizona

A: If the divorce is still pending, the Preliminary Injunction is still in place. This means you'll need to either get the other parent's permission to travel out of state or you will need to seek a court order to permit the travel. If the latter, you will need to file a Motion to Travel out of State with Minor Child with the Court.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.