Boston, MA asked in Personal Injury for Massachusetts

Q: Fell on broken chipped front steps icy, no railing.Broke Tibia in 2 n Fibia in 2 .11 weeks in hospital,what 2 do?

This landlord has many many problem properties n is well known there were only 3 steps and railings were broken off yrs ago.. bldg next door recently had fire was condemned yet City made him replace all 4 outside flights of steps they were so bad. I have pics of all,also 2 weeks b4 fall was told due to hereditary degenerative tissue disorder ( disabled) doc wanted to replace knee on same leg because that was in worse condition than hips n other knee. Looking at many joint problems, mother has had 3 knees replaced .b4 picking Lawyer Id like to know what approach is best and how good of case ( I truly wish this didn’t happen) Can’t imagine what mass health paid? I am not rich I’m on my own and bills I’m sure are incredibly high plus Lawyers earnings I just want to know pros n cons ! Landlord has millions in property in name! He sux n rather not hear about fall n BS caused for 2 years? N get10/20 grand so disability bust balls for years.Confused

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Little Neck, NY

A: A Massachusetts attorney could advise best but your question remains open for two weeks. You raise a number of questions, and the best way to answer them could be to try to arrange a free initial consult with a MA attorney. As a general practice nationwide, injury firms that handle slip and fall cases usually work on a contingency basis. That's something to bring up with the firms you might reach out to, since you ask about attorney fees. Good luck

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.