Asked in Criminal Law and Divorce for Utah

Q: In Utah: Dvrce pndng in MT, X tells my son has a Court Order to take a truck owned b4 we were married - criminal?

RECORDED claiming she has a Court Order (ridiculously false) to take a truck originally titled to my dad, changed to me b4 marriage, she knows I've put $thousands in it, just painted it and am I'm selling it - and makes this claim. Attempted theft by deception?? What about claiming a Court Order?? Thanks

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
William Melton
William Melton
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Taylorsville, UT
  • Licensed in Utah

A: You should report it to law enforcement. I suspect they will tell you it's a civil matter(it's not, but that's how they get out of dealing with it), but I would still make the police report.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.