Palm Beach Gardens, FL asked in Divorce for Florida

Q: Separated under duress’ A year later - files for divorce in nyc. I moved to Florida. I have no money , I need help -

There is undisclosed $$ accounts and rental property income .

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Michael Ferrin
Michael Ferrin
  • Orlando, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: If you and your husband lived in NYC when you were married it may be appropriate for him to file the case in NYC but more information is needed in order to provide you an appropriate response. Given that he has filed a case in NYC it would be prudent to contact an attorney in NYC to assist you with that matter. If you do not have any money to obtain an attorney you can try and contact the local county courthouse, local bar association, or local legal aid society, to see what options and assistance may be available to you.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.