North Vernon, IN asked in Child Support for Kentucky

Q: Are there any rules on stopping child support when the child has quit school has a job and stays at cust. Parent rarely

I have a child support order in Kentucky in which was on two children but my oldest (18) has been removed and I still pay the same amount for my 17 year old BUT BOTH GIRLS 18 & 17 have quit high school and has jobs and rarely stay at custodial parents. Again I the oldest is no longer on the case so I’m only obligated to pay for my 17 but her mom let her quit school with out consulting me (I do not agree with it and never would) my 17 yo has a job in which she’s had for a couple of years but only stays at her moms when she feels like it. Can I do anything about this!?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison
  • Louisville, KY
  • Licensed in Kentucky

A: Yes. Make a motion to

Modify your support obligation immediately.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.