Los Angeles, CA asked in Appeals / Appellate Law for California

Q: Need advice on filing an appeal on my Marvin vs. Marvin case

I lived together with a lady for over 30 years. I filed a lawsuit to get my right to the property based on Marvin vs, Marvin law. I lost my case because the judge ruled that the relationship was romantic. I need to discuss my case to determine my grounds for appeal. During our living together , she claimed that i was not paying enough for my share of the household cost. We had a couple therapy and the therapist testified in court based on her notes that she saw us and that the lady was complaining that I was not paying enough of my household shares. I am an inventor , I was not making enough money to pay more. I also work from home. On the monthly checks that I gave the lady I wrote Rent so that I can deduct it on my taxes. We also signed a domestic partnership paper to be on her health insurance when I was 56 years old. We always presented ourselves either as a husband and wife or as a couple.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
James R. Dickinson
James R. Dickinson
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • San Bernardino, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: Speak with an attorney handling appeals then. [I litigate cases. Anything posted here must not be construed as legal advice, nor as grounds for forming an attorney-client relationship. You should seek an attorney for formal legal advice and representation.]

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.