Kent, OH asked in Estate Planning and Probate for Ohio

Q: How do I contest a will?

I think my sister bullied my dad into leaving her everything when he died last month(August 2022) he had been living with her for a year and a half prior to his passing. He was one month short of 90 years old. In my opinion his mind was going. I am not sure how to categorize this. Is it probate is it family law I’m not sure. Criminal questions civil question please help. She will not return my calls so I’m not sure what is on a current will, but just the fact that she won’t return my calls leads me to believe that’s what she did. I do have a copy of a 2014 will, which I’m sure was revised when he moved in with her. . . I would like to know if I can get a copy of the will- & possibly contest the will? And if so, how do I do that? Thank you! PS if you could please lead me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate that. Have a wonderful day!

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Little Neck, NY

A: An Ohio attorney could advise best, but your question remains open for two weeks. Try reposting this in the "Probate" and "Estate Planning" sections. There's no guarantee that all posts are picked up, but you'd have better chances of a response there. Attorneys in those practice areas deal with wills. Good luck

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.