Madison, MS asked in Domestic Violence for Mississippi

Q: My partner and I got into an argument that escalated into me involving the cops. My girlfriend was charged with domestic

Domestic assault with bodily injury. I only had a scratch under my eye. We have remained together. Her ex husband is trying to take their child and the child was in no way involved. Charges happened in TN and I signed an affidavit to try and get them to drop charges since the cops pressed charges and not me. The ex husband is basically bullying my girlfriend stating the child can no longer be around me. There has never been an incident involving the child ever. What can we do? We are totally fine and are both in counseling.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Arthur Calderon
Arthur Calderon
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Madison, MS
  • Licensed in Mississippi

A: Your best bet is going to be to contact an experienced criminal defense lawyer in Texas, since these charges stemmed from conduct that happened there.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.