Asked in Car Accidents for Arkansas

Q: I was 10 years of age when my father was killed in a hit and run accident and the driver was identified but never sente

The driver was identified but never arrested and sentenced we never received a police report of the accident I asked several legal services for their advice they tell me they will call me back and I never get answers

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Personal Injury Lawyer
  • Little Neck, NY

A: An Arkansas attorney could advise best, but your question remains open for two weeks. I'm sorry for the loss of your father. It's difficult to say whether the firms you contacted are not following up with you because they determined there is no basis for a case, or because they are not interested in the matter for other reasons. Either way, try to continue your efforts to arrange a free initial consult with law firms. Some states suspend the ticking of the clock on the statute of limitations (deadline to file legal action) until a child reaches the age of adulthood. Only a local attorney could tell you whether this applies in Arkansas. An experienced Arkansas attorney should be able to tell you what your rights are and whether you have the grounds for a case, based on the date of the accident, your age, and applicable Arkansas law. Good luck

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.