Livermore, CA asked in Workers' Compensation for California

Q: Can I sue Sedgwick Claims if they have ignored a referral to see an Orthopedic Surgeon for reevaluation.

It has been over a year in which the referral for a reevaluation was submitted through the Orthopedic Practice. Sedgwick has completely ignored the request. Initial surgery for carpal and cubital tunnel syndrome failed due to delay of two years fighting Sedgwick to approve the surgery. The current case is still on going presently litigated and pushed forward by Sedgwick fighting (QME) doctors claims. The Disability case is now entering it's eighth year.

Isn't Sedgwick legally charged to answer this referral or at minimum place it under UR or RFA review?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Gary Alan Jackson
Gary Alan Jackson
  • Workers' Compensation Lawyer
  • Huntington Beach, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: 8 years! your attorney needs to answer these questions for you. if you dont have an attorney, i see why your getting nowhere. we cant answer your question about Sedgwick's "requirement" to use the UR process without more info. work comp is very complex, as you well know. however an experienced attorney knows how to direct YOUR case, assert YOUR rights and move the case FAST. if you dont have an attorney, my advice is get one TODAY.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.