Orlando, FL asked in Family Law, Child Custody and Military Law for Florida

Q: Will a POA suffice so I can take over my husband’s coparenting agreement while he is in school for his new assignment?

My husband, who is in the Air Force, is leaving for about five months to tech school to cross train to his new AFSC. There is a parenting agreement in place for my stepdaughter and right now we have her every other weekend (Friday - Monday). Will a military POA suffice so I can take over my husband’s coparenting agreement while he is in school? What legal rights do we have so our time with my stepdaughter doesn’t get taken away. Her BM has been difficult and we want to ensure we have measures in place to keep the schedule as is. Thank you.

1 Lawyer Answer
Bruce Alexander Minnick
Bruce Alexander Minnick
  • Tallahassee, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: The Judge was the ONLY person who established your husband's visitation rights, and the Judge is the only person who can answer this question. Do NOT rely on a "military POA." Ask the Judge.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.