Detroit, MI asked in Uncategorized for Ohio

Q: I have a protection order against an ex friend he constantly calls and text me and occasionally comes on the property

Police reports have been filled out but there has been no real precautions for the respondent abuser the victim is left with no protection the abuser respondent has a gammon violated a protection order by via texting and calling showing aggression and Stating sexual activity how long should it take for the prosecutor or police department to get back to me the victim on proceedings

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Matthew Williams
Matthew Williams
  • Cleveland, OH
  • Licensed in Ohio

A: Court proceedings get delayed all the time and the prosecutor may not reach out to you until it’s very close in time to them actually having to do something. You can always reach out to them for updates.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.