Irving, TX asked in Medical Malpractice for Texas

Q: I fell at work fractured the T-12 vertabrae and have damaged to others. Fractured my left wrist, it has other issues,

that have never been completely addressed by the doctor. I was finally refered to neurology a month ago, because after several trigger point injections, a spinal, steroid shots, 5 different muscle relaxers, 2 different pain pills, 3 rounds of therapy that did nothing for me they couldnt do nothing for me. This has been over close to a two year time period.

My wrist/hand has fingers that go numb, pain shoots across the top, it's has some type of arthritis that causes problems with my thumb,the fingers that go numb are my ring and pinky, pain shits up that side of am the my elbow. I can't hold anything in that hand for very long , much less drive and not be in constant pain.

I filed a complaint with the hospital a year ago and was told someone would contact me and to this day I have never been contacted.

Is there anything I can do?

Thank you

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
John Michael Frick
John Michael Frick
  • Frisco, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: Medical malpractice requires proof that your doctor's conduct fell below the "standard of care" for your injury. In order to pursue a legal claim for medical malpractice, you will need an expert report from a doctor explaining in detail how your doctor's treatment of your injuries deviated from accepted standards of practice.

Just because you are still having issues does not prove that your doctor did anything wrong. Unfortunately, even with our advanced medical knowledge, not every injury can be successfully treated such that the patient is restored to the same physical condition as before the injury.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.