San Rafael, CA asked in Bankruptcy for California

Q: I have a bankruptcy 410 chapter 11 what do I do with it?

There was a racket probe of 478 million dollars.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Cristina M. Lipan
Cristina M. Lipan
  • Bankruptcy Lawyer
  • Wantagh, NY

A: I believe you're referring to a proof of claim form received with respect to a chapter 11 bankruptcy case. If you have a claim against the Debtor, then you may fill out the claim, and attach supporting documentation. You may be able to fill out the claim online (depending on the court and case), or you mail it to the clerk of the court or claims agent, see instructions provided. If this is a larger case and there's a claims agent, then there may be a website with further information for creditors about the bankruptcy case.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.