Phoenix, AZ asked in Criminal Law for Arizona

Q: Formal felony charges filed August 11 2022 on arrest date of March 18 2022. Notification was returned due to wrong addre

The apt # was not included in the mailing address, but was readily available in my records. The court issued a failure to appear warrant on 9/11/2022. I found docket online, and tried to show up for court. I made motion to correct the courts error in my mailing address on 09112022. The court finally notified me 09152022 that an arrest warrant had been issued for my failure to appear. This was my first official notification of my charges, and really wasn't that; it just informed me of the warrant and the date

Due process is 170 days from formal charges being filed between arrest date and formal charges being notified to defendant. Court had my correct , complete mailing address; but failed to put the correct mailing address on the formal notification. They failed to include APT # in mailing address.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Steven Scharboneau
Steven Scharboneau PRO label
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Scottsdale, AZ
  • Licensed in Arizona

A: The warrant can easily be dealt with. If it isn't dealt with, you will be arrested by law enforcement next time you have police contact. It sounds like there may be a service issue here, but it needs more attention and investigation from a criminal defense attorney. If you are facing criminal charges, you should reach out to an Arizona criminal defense attorney to discuss your case. Most of us (myself included) will discuss your case with you free of charge. Good luck!

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.