Las Vegas, NM asked in Traffic Tickets for Utah

Q: Im 17 and got a ticket in Colorado and I live in utah, can my ticket be taken care of over the phone?

I don't know if I have to show up in person to Colorado to get this taken care of or if I can just pay my fine over the phone? On the citation it says that a parent or guardian has to be with me in my "court date" The problem is my parents say they won't drive to Colorado with me, and if I don't show up there will be a warrant out for my arrest, so basically if I can't get it figured out over the phone, im getting arrested, so my question is: Can I work it out over the phone?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
William Melton
William Melton
  • Traffic Tickets Lawyer
  • Taylorsville, UT
  • Licensed in Utah

A: You need to ask an attorney in Colorado to know for sure, but I think you can just pay the fine without appearing. Most states allow traffic tickets to be resolved without personally appearing. You should call the court directly and ask them. They may even have an option for you to "appear" by video or telephone.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.