Philadelphia, PA asked in Criminal Law for Pennsylvania

Q: Yesterday I had to make a plea of guilty to a Aggrevated assault but my lawyer didn’t show all the facts what can I do?

Aggravated assault with a deadly weapon? I had to plead guilty cuz otherwise I would’ve been screwd for money. I was protecting myself from 2 men and both who had warrants and. Baseball bats.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Mark Aaron Hinrichs
Mark Aaron Hinrichs
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Center Valley, PA
  • Licensed in Pennsylvania

A: you need to speak with your attorney. i cant give you advice since you are represented. However, seems that a decision either to plead guilty to the facts as asserted by the Commonwealth or go to trial are the options, and you chose to plead guilty. you will have an opportunity at sentencing to present things to show you in a positive light. The only other option would be to request to withdraw your guilty plea and go to trial.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.