New Boston, MI asked in Family Law and Child Custody for Michigan

Q: Hi I have sole physical custody parties have joint legal custody there's 0 over nights unless parties agree

Do I have to let him see his son? Is one question or can I tell him to take it court? He's been threatening court for 7years my son has been with me 7 years never left my side he's home schooled. The father smokes weed 24/7 found out he's been taking subtonin I forgot how to spell it but it's used to get ppl off heroine he's taking it for pain he lives on ssi anywhere he works he does under the table his last place was filthy and gross house now they all smoke inside with windows and doors closed he hangs out with someone who does drugs idk what drug if it's crack or coke he admitted going to get it with her but he didn't do it its been stress since he's been born from him and the non stop messages I don't have to answer any text unless it's about the child? He has child in Missouri hes 11 he's never met and don't fight for she has his last name. He isn't on my sons birth certificate. Has another daughter over 18 now never had custody of any of them. There's more then this

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Brent T. Geers
Brent T. Geers
  • Grand Rapids, MI
  • Licensed in Michigan

A: You can certainly tell him to take you to court. If what you're saying about him is true, there sounds like quite a bit of stuff he should work on before spending time and money going to court, but I suppose that's his decision.

Just know, though, that many judges don't look kindly on unreasonable and complete refusals to let the other parent see the child.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.