Terre Haute, IN asked in Divorce, Family Law and Civil Rights for Indiana

Q: My ex wife, asked me to take her back. Two months later, and nearly $800roughly, she tells me about her girlfriend.

She promised me my family could be together and that our kids could be sisters again. I live in Indiana. Idk what I can do. If anything. She's very abusive and I could list the things I've gone thru that I have proof of. I have text messages of her promising me, not me asking her to either, that she loves me and it would only be about us. I was manipulated. She had the same gf the entire time we were to be working on things with a clean slate. She's had no contact orderplaced on me and used them to black mail me in to helping her move, money, and rides places. I also have proof of her telling her daughter she should've aborted her and a video of a day she faked a nervous breakdown for nearly 14 hours. I want my money back sure, but more than anything I want her to face consequences for manipulating and lying constantly. Her mother and her father's dad gave had her thrown In psychwards due to suicide threats. Besides a no contact order, options? Is it legal to manipulate me like this?

1 Lawyer Answer
Betsy Walits
Betsy Walits
  • Valparaiso, IN
  • Licensed in Indiana

A: I no longer practice law and am only finishing up a few cases so I cannot assist you, I can only state basic principles.

I don’t understand the “$800 later”. If you only put 800 out of pocket consider yourself lucky.

If you want to sue her fraud you probably could, but the cost would be well more than $800. If the 800 was child support I don’t see you getting that awarded back. And to what end. But you cannot undo a divorce. You’d remarry. Certainly you would NoT do that without a prenuptial agreement.

If you are serious about discussing this with an attorney, you could call Sue Kozlowski (219)663-2588 or Terri Tinder (219) 738-2211.

Atty Walits

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.