Sikeston, MO asked in Criminal Law, Family Law and Domestic Violence for Missouri

Q: need cases to cite concerning no contact order violation because they got married and now he's being held wo bond

there was a call for domestic violence my friend went to jail and subsequently bonded out and there was a no contact order in place, he then got married to the alleged victim and now he's being held without bond due to the no contact order being violated

1 Lawyer Answer
Cynthia W. Trice
Cynthia W. Trice
  • Town & Country, MO
  • Licensed in Missouri

A: Hi,

I am sorry but I only practice family law. Your question is a criminal law question. Despite the fact that your friend married the victim, whenever you have a question related to someone being sent to jail, and a bond, it is criminal law, not family law. The only exception would be sanctions for contempt and that is not the case here. In addition, it is very difficult for a non-lawyer to cite cases and apply the law. This is because citing cases is a whole process that is taught in law school and it involves legal analysis which would be involved in applying the law. I would contact a criminal lawyer for a consultation. Good luck, and take care.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.