Denver, CO asked in Bankruptcy for Colorado

Q: I am 66. I want to retire. I have 20,000 in credit card debt. I am paying on a mobile home car and loans. Bankruptcy?

I see debt following me to purgatory or heaven. I want to retire but afraid of debt. I am just looking for general answer. I plan on seeing an attorney next week but wanted general answer

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Timothy Canty
Timothy Canty
  • Bankruptcy Lawyer
  • Evergreen, CO
  • Licensed in Colorado

A: There's not nearly enough information here to advise you of your options. I suggest you get a consultation with an experienced bankruptcy lawyer - most of us will give you a free consultation.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.