Baytown, TX asked in Child Custody and Family Law for New York

Q: Is there a 3rd party in NY that can supervise a supervised visit with ex & child? Don't trust ex to complete paperwork

TX Custody order, ex moved out of state before supervised visits could be done.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Mary Theresa Colwell
Mary Theresa Colwell
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Syracuse, NY
  • Licensed in New York

A: Yes there are agencies or individuals who supervise parenting time at least in the upstate region. Depending upon where you live, options are available but some charge for each visit. The benefit is that they provide an unbiased report of the visits if you need for court purposes.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.