Wilmington, OH asked in Landlord - Tenant for Ohio

Q: My landlord hasn't had major repairs fixed and its been a month causing my bills to triple in price, and its unsafe

I have an old front door, and 3 of the glass panels broke and there's also a half inch gap in my door and its frame. She even sent me text message stating those panels have been cracked for years why did they break all of a sudden. Its causing my bills to increase and its getting colder and its unsafe. You can reach your hand inside and just lock my front door. Also I have had a major water leak for three weeks now. It took her two days to get anyone here, and I asked her if she could simply go to the water dept or call them to have the paperwork to have it adjusted done and it took her three weeks to do so. I live in a duplex my neighbor's water bill was $104 and mine is almost $230 for the second month in a row. I paid the first one after the leak $207.77, and the leak is still not repaired. She won't allow us to fix it.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Nicholas P. Weiss
Nicholas P. Weiss pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Landlord Tenant Lawyer
  • Cleveland Heights, OH
  • Licensed in Ohio

A: Deposit your rent with your local municipal court and seek an order compelling the landlord to make repairs. DO NOT STOP PAYING RENT, just pay it to the court instead.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.