Clearwater, FL asked in Criminal Law, DUI / DWI, Traffic Tickets and Domestic Violence for Florida

Q: I have a disc of the court day my Judge was Bias and my private attorney broke confidentiality on my case.

I also have Medical records that prove my blood sugar dropped to 34 so it was impossible for me to be competent. I've been trying to figure out why they punish me for everything. The judge kept me in jail for 4 months with no bond. Then she gave me a bond for 60,000 and all over a domestic I wasn't guilty of. She makes me wear an alcohol monitor which is wrong. She accuses me of drinking even when I'm not and drinking is legal. She told me on the disc I have back in February that I was going to lose. I had a Hypoglocimic attack. I don't remember even getting out of bed that day. I'm a diabetic.

1 Lawyer Answer
Kevin John Mawn
Kevin John Mawn
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Titusville, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: I understand your position; however, I don’t see facts, in your discussion, that supports your claim. Generally speaking, if a judge shows bias, your lawyer should file a motion to recuse (remove the judge from your case). Assuming the facts warrant such a motion, you may wish to pursue an ineffective assistance of counsel claim. Violating the attorney-client privilege is a matter for the Florida bar.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.