Peck, MI asked in Family Law and Child Custody for Michigan

Q: Will judges/ref look @ & really consider proofs of texts/pic’s of “parent” lying/denying visits/making excuses?

No established custody yet, (new case in court) parent holding twins finds any & every excuse & lie to avoid parenting time & makes threats if others voice opinions on social media also changes what’s allowed at PT. Ref did not say it was supervised but they are saying no other way would they allow other parent to have PT in texts lying about speaking to “a” judge - not at hearing. Ref said day of court they couldn’t talk to anyone if it wasn’t on the record. Now they are again ignoring daily messages for visits tho clearly on social media daily where messages r being sent as well as by cell and we know r being seen just ignored.

Not ur average (norm) case - ex meth users involved, lots of domestic abuse/AB, larceny/retail Fr, on “parent” & the spouse holding twins only a jostling on other. Twins (18 months old) not seen other parent for 4 months at least. Currently parent med neglecting twins involved also sent that proof in missed 5 well visits since April 2022

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Brent T. Geers
Brent T. Geers
  • Grand Rapids, MI
  • Licensed in Michigan

A: Possibly. But as I'm sure you know, nothing is going to happen unless and until a judge hears these issues and makes an order that can be enforced. Until then, your daily calls and messages to the other parent will likely continue to be ignored, and could actually backfire on you.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.