Asked in Divorce and Real Estate Law for Oklahoma

Q: I need to sell my home with joint tenancy but I do not know how to contact my ex, how do I get him removed from deed?

We've been separated 7 years, divorce hasn't been filed, our property was put up for auction due to delinquent taxes, I managed to pay all taxes due & keep home. He has never tried to return to the home. He has legal obligations that also keep him from returning to the home. How do I sell the property without being able to contact him which I would rather not do anyway

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Gary Johnston Dean
Gary Johnston Dean
  • Pryor, OK
  • Licensed in Oklahoma

A: Since you're still married, both you and husband must sign deed to, New purchaser. Only way to remove him is through a divorce.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.