Phoenix, AZ asked in Criminal Law for Arizona

Q: Aggravated Assault but it was just a fight.

There was a fight between 3 men. The argument began between two of the men and the third man stepped in. The third man that stepped in was the one who used the weapon. The victim of the fight knows that the individual incarcerated was not the one who actually had the weapon. They have been incarcerated since March of 2022 being represented by a public defender and does not think that he has had adequate representation. They have switched judges three times they had extended the trial date 3 or 4 times he has not had a bail reduction hearing or even been interviewed for pretrial services. He does have priors for drugs. Nothing like assault. I would just like to present the case to somebody and see if they can tell me whether or not all the motions and everything that's been done on this case is for the defendants best interest.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Steven Scharboneau
Steven Scharboneau
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Anthem, AZ
  • Licensed in Arizona

A: There is not enough information on this post to know. However, most criminal defense attorneys (myself included) will talk to you about your case for free. This is a discussion best had over the phone. Aggravated assault is a very serious charge, so I recommend reaching out to criminal defense attorney right away.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.