Grand Junction, CO asked in DUI / DWI, Traffic Tickets and Criminal Law for Colorado

Q: Do I need a criminal defense lawyer to fight an unmarked state trooper's conducts against my 17 yrs old {d} for traffic

Daughter was recently pulled over by an unmarked state trooper for what the trooper thought was ignoring a stop sign when in fact there is a incoming traffic does not stop sign is posted where he thought she almost came too close to another car when she legally had the right of way. He had no reason to follow her to begin w/ but It was also raining & roads were wet where she ended up doing a rolling stop where he turned his lights on to pulled her over. Her face was still swollen from having 4 fillings on Mon & 4 wisdom teeths removed all in the same wk where she was taking just a prescribed med for pain. She barely could talk to him due to the facial features & he decided to charge her w/DUI & reckless driving. He never called for female backup, cuffed her & patted her down where he touched her boobs & her private area. He took her for blood work at the hospital w/out having a parent present. So many errors in my opinion of the trooper's conduct.

1 Lawyer Answer
William Beck
William Beck
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Colorado Springs, CO
  • Licensed in Colorado

A: Having a knowledgable criminal defense attorney is always helpful, because "you don't know what you don't know". From what you have shared, it seems like there are some good defenses that could be used to help your child avoid a conviction for DUI.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.