Q: I have a serious case of elder abuse, robbery, theft, financial exploitation. Plus inheritance stolen...??.... Contingen

What do I do? No one seems to want to help me. Will was redone misspelling my father's name. This was done 3 months before he died at 82 with a brain tumor 3 other forms of cancer with radiation treatments. Found out there was a reverse mortgage put on the house for $1,140,600. On October 20, 2021. The house was paid for dad wouldn't have done this. As I investigated none of that money went into my dad's accounts. Where did it go?... My dad died Sept 20. Still no probate.....Im on the Deed!

1 Lawyer Answer
Nelson Patrick Boyle
Nelson Patrick Boyle
  • Englewood, CO
  • Licensed in Colorado

A: You need to call an attorney to protect your rights. Attorneys in Burg Simpson’s commercial litigation department may be able to help. Additionally, attorneys who litigate probate cases involving estate planning/wills/trusts may be able to help. Bottom line: you should call an attorney.

Notice: This general advice based on incomplete facts is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.