Chicago, IL asked in Car Accidents and Traffic Tickets for Illinois

Q: Will the other party be notified of court date of my son pleading not guilty to accident ticket?

My son was just in accident, was turning left on a yellow and other female student driving in opposite direction sped up and they crashed, therefore he got ticket. My insc agent said for him to plead not guilty and as long the accident claim in processed before the continued court date she should not be notified and then the ticket will be dropped at court since she will not be there. Is this true?

1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Personal Injury Lawyer
  • Little Neck, NY

A: An Illinois attorney could advise best, but your question remains open for two weeks. If you haven't already done so, you should consider reaching out to a traffic ticket defense attorney in the Chicago area. I don't think the accident loss claim is going to be processed before the continuance date that you mention, by either carrier. The respective carriers here are going to be confronted with conflicting testimony, and they're probably going to take their time investigating the matter in detail, especially if injuries are claimed or property loss figures are high. There could be more at stake here than a left turn violation, depending on the types of losses claimed. You could repost and add Traffic Tickets as a category, but with two weeks already having elapsed, you may want to simply reach out to attorneys without losing more time. Good luck

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.