Oklahoma City, OK asked in Child Custody for Mississippi

Q: My mom was granted emergency temporary custody of my child. Can I get her back?

She was granted temporary custody due to my daughter being born with methamphetamine in her system. I am now sober and can pass a drug test. Will I be able to get her back?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Melissa L Gardner-Ardoin
Melissa L Gardner-Ardoin
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Olive Branch, MS
  • Licensed in Mississippi

A: You don’t say how long your mother has had temporary custody, if you have had visitation, if you were ordered to do certain things, or which Court granted temporary custody to your mother. If you are in Youth Court, you will have to follow the instructions and directives of the social workers and the Court. Follow them to the letter and you should be able successful. Don’t and custody will not be returned to you.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.