Atlanta, GA asked in Car Accidents for Alabama

Q: My license are suspended for non payment on a judgement that was put against me for a car accident. Where or who can I

Talk to to work out some kind of payment arrangement so I can start making payments to get this took care of?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Personal Injury Lawyer
  • Little Neck, NY

A: An Alabama attorney could advise best, but your question remains open for three weeks. One option is to try to arrange a consult with a local attorney to review the paperwork you received. There are several possible sources for a motor vehicle accident judgments. It could be from the other driver's attorney or their carrier if the carrier paid benefits as a first-party claim and then handed it over to their subrogation department. If it involved medical services, it could be from a hospital or medical provider. The paperwork leading up to it should offer some clue as to the source of the judgment. Good luck

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.