Newport News, VA asked in Personal Injury for California

Q: My cell phone company refused to provide information to help find my missing son. I'm still suffering from rage & grief.

They refused to provide phone records to help me track where he'd been or contact anyone he may have been with, saying I had to wait the standard 35 days to receive them. My son had a phone I purchased and the phone plan I paid for. He was emotionally distressed and I knew he could be in danger. The company told me not to bother sending them evidence that he had Asperger's, PTSD and depression. They refused to call the police department in Oregon where the missing person's case was filed, to verify my claim with the detective. Their deliberate adherence to their internal policy to delay records release for 35 days - despite an emergency situation -exacerbated my anxiety and grief. Do I have a case?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
James R. Dickinson
James R. Dickinson
  • San Bernardino, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: Speak with a local attorney for a confidential consultation. [I litigate cases. Anything posted here must not be construed as legal advice, nor as grounds for forming an attorney-client relationship. You should seek an attorney for formal legal advice and representation.]

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.