Ringgold, GA asked in Criminal Law, Federal Crimes and Gov & Administrative Law for Tennessee

Q: What rights do I have and what should I do moving forward?

I saved someone whos heart had stopped, they became stiff, unresponsive and blue. i got pulse back and held it until the cops and emt arrived. They mysteriously found drugs in my property, which I told them specifically that I wasnt comfortable with because i was alone and frazzled and hAd also left my property, which was in my coworkers vehicle, on multiple occasions in that last hour or two. I was thrn charged with posession of sch 2 and paraphernalia. I did not leave my house with drugs on me. So i saved his life until they got there to only get arrested when I know i did not have drugs on me! and now this could cause a big backlash of issues for me in mylife. I will lose everything. This is all in the state of TN.East Ridge, TN. What are my rights, and what can i do?

1 Lawyer Answer
Cayley Turrin
Cayley Turrin
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Franklin, TN
  • Licensed in Tennessee

A: I would suggest hiring an attorney asap on this matter.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.