Yucaipa, CA asked in Civil Litigation and Criminal Law for California

Q: My probation officer testified that I was not at a court hearing when I was. She lied and I was jailed. Any recourse 4me

I was involved in a custody battle in a adjoining County. My probation officer denied me going to San Diego to gather and file documents crucial to my case also stating that I cannot go to San Diego without a scheduled court date. When I went to a scheduled court date, after notifing her via email with the exparte notice, she had me arrested. At my hearing the she said she checked the court registry and I was not on it. I was jailed on her false testimony when the registry clearly states that I was there. #1 Can a Probation Officer be sued for providing false testimony. #2 Are there other avenues can I pursue to hold her accountable.

1 Lawyer Answer
Dale S. Gribow
Dale S. Gribow
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Palm Desert, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: if you have a criminal case, then you either retained a lawyer or a PD was appointed for you.

s/he is the person that can help you clear this up, not some lawyer on the internet without any facts or access to the court records.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.