San Antonio, TX asked in Animal / Dog Law for Texas

Q: I had these dogs for yrs. The dogs got out while I was packing to leave. They are my daughters dogs.Can I be charge

When dogs got out by being 73 my cousin pick me up.My neighbor found them took them to the pound. I have had the dogs for years. Can I be changed with abundance

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
John Michael Frick
John Michael Frick
  • Frisco, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: I am unfamiliar with “abundance.”

Just go to the pound with their registration and vaccination cards and pick them up. There might be a small fine for allowing them to run at large and there might be additional fines if they aren’t registered and vaccinated. But this should not be a big deal.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.