Salt Lake City, UT asked in Arbitration / Mediation Law, Business Formation and Contracts for Utah

Q: I live in Utah and signed a contract with an LLC located in Nevada. Where do I file for arbitration?

They have not fulfilled their end of the contract and now owe me $12,000. They are no longer answering my messages and I would like to get this money back as soon as possible.

1 Lawyer Answer
Wesley Winsor
Wesley Winsor
  • Estate Planning Lawyer
  • Saint George, UT
  • Licensed in Utah

A: You will first need to look to the contract provisions to see what they say about arbitration. If the other party is nonresponsive, then you could likely set up the arbitrator, give them notice of the time and place of arbitration and if they don't show up then the arbitrator can give you a default judgement that you can take to the Court to enforce.

Best of luck.


Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.