Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Utah Arbitration / Mediation Law Questions & Answers
2 Answers | Asked in Arbitration / Mediation Law, Probate and Estate Planning for Utah on
Q: How do I get a tax id number on my family trust I'm trying to collect on a annuity and don't have the actual trust
Kenneth Prigmore
Kenneth Prigmore
answered on Aug 23, 2021

Your best answer depends on a few things that an attorney would need to discuss with you. If you don't have a copy of the Trust, you need help proving your authority as the Trustee. If you are the creator of the Trust, you can always sign an updated version of the Trust. If you are an heir and... Read more »

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Arbitration / Mediation Law for Utah on
Q: My primary care physician did a drug screen or test without my consent I'm 52 is this legal
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
answered on Jul 3, 2020

This is something a Utah attorney could answer best, but your post remains open for five weeks. Based on the description, it does not appear to be in connection with mandatory employer testing for hiring or spot-checks for employees entrusted with public transport or safety. If it was not done in... Read more »

2 Answers | Asked in Estate Planning, Divorce, Real Estate Law and Arbitration / Mediation Law for Utah on
Q: How to protect home in the event of future disputes. As always, things are well between us. But thinking forward.

I am purchasing a home and have the mortgage, and purchase contract under only my name. I have been in a relationship for 11 years with the same women - she is contributing 5% towards our 15% down-payment.10% coming from me. All mortgage payments made will come from a bank account solely under my... Read more »

Nina Whitehurst
Nina Whitehurst
answered on Apr 2, 2020

This calls for a tenancy in common agreement. A good real estate attorney can help you with this.

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.