Florence, AL asked in Car Accidents for Alabama

Q: I was involved in an accident 11/18/22. The other driver came in my lane going in the same direction at 70mph in Ms.

The police report said she was changing lanes and hit my car, ran my off the road. I’m in pain due to rheumatoid arthritis and plates and screws previously in both wrists. I live in Florence Al, the wreck occurred in Starkville Ms. Do I contact her insurance or what?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
William Vann Burkett
William Vann Burkett
  • Personal Injury Lawyer
  • Huntsville, AL
  • Licensed in Alabama

A: You should contact a personal injury attorney immediately. Do not speak with an adjuster or insurance company until you have spoken with an attorney and received legal counsel. Based on the few facts that you report, it appears that the other driver is at fault. Any time there are significant injuries, the case has the potential to involve complex issues of liability, causation, and damages. You should consult with an attorney to protect your interests and learn about your rights under Alabama Law.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.