Carthage, NY asked in Appeals / Appellate Law, Child Custody and Family Law for New York

Q: New petitions have been filed change of circumstances have been filed no initial hearing date for first appearance was

That was postponed to a trial continues to get postponed have not subpoenaed my girlfriend into court but want to question her they have no witnesses they have nobody to testify my girlfriend is supply drug test reference letters certificates custody orders in regards to her own children and they still are not doing anything we are scheduled for trial tomorrow now it's going to be a computer virtual appearance again this has been going on since December 10th of last year nothing's been done no changes have been made she stalks the mother stocks my home calls the law shows up at my house bring my parenting time yet allows our daughter to be around my SOS during non-parenting time

1 Lawyer Answer
Mary Theresa Colwell
Mary Theresa Colwell
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Syracuse, NY
  • Licensed in New York

A: If you are not represented by an attorney, I strongly suggest you consult with one immediately. If you are preparing for a custody trial where certified documents may need to be submitted, it is essential that they are done properly. An attorney can also move the process forward for you. You are held to the same standard as an attorney if you proceed self-represented. It would be beneficial for you to have an attorney at least review the file to advise if any intermediate steps can be taken to provide you with parenting time if you do not have any or suggest a schedule to meet your goals.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.