Lubbock, TX asked in Criminal Law for Texas

Q: I recently got into a fight with my 20 year old brother i am 16 im not pulling kid card as I turn 17 in 2 months

He got up out of chair then he got in my face and put his hand on my shoulder I got his hands off of me and told him not to, he did it again with one hand so i shoved him the he grabbed my leg and threw a punch hit me in ear so I grabbed his head hit on counter he grabbed me again and then i shoved him off of me yet again, then i shoved him off of me then hit him in jaw he called cops and said he tried to get away from it, also said i hit him in pacemaker 3 times and my mom was at table and seen that didn't happen and that he didn't try to get away as he told cops he did, mind you mom seen it all.

and I managed to get a class a assault misdemeanor?

Just checking if this right

I'm not sure if I'm in wrong for hitting him back but I would like to get this off my record.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Penny Wymyczak-White
Penny Wymyczak-White
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Houston, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: Retain a lawyer, You need to take a anger management class and grow up,

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.