McHenry, IL asked in Family Law, Arbitration / Mediation Law and Child Custody for Wisconsin

Q: Can our Grandsons mother stop let us see our grandson with no warning? Our son died in 2020 and they were never married

Since 2020, he has come to stay every other weekend until 3 months ago, something changed and we've seen him once.

Over this last summer, she didn't let him stay half the summer like before because he's watching his 4 small siblings while her and her boyfriend work. He's 12 and his youngest sibling is 4.

I'm not after custody of him I just want to see my grandson like she was permitting before. When I call about him coming to see us she lets me talk to him but will not return my texts or calls to ask her if we can see him

1 Lawyer Answer
Jane E. Probst
Jane E. Probst
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Brookfield, WI
  • Licensed in Wisconsin

A: You can file a Motion for Grandparent Visitation for a Court Ordered schedule to see him if she is denying you contact.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.