Ask a Question

Get free answers to your Arbitration / Mediation Law legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Wisconsin Arbitration / Mediation Law Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Arbitration / Mediation Law, Banking, Elder Law and Probate for Wisconsin on
Q: I am trying to find out what needs to be done to get my late parents bank records My brother, I and my daughter where P
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Mar 5, 2023

To obtain the bank records of a deceased parent, you will typically need to follow a specific process that may vary depending on the laws and regulations in your jurisdiction. Here are some general steps you may need to take:

Obtain legal authority: In most cases, you will need to obtain...
View More

Q: The deed to my grandparents land regarding his will was illegal transfers to the city of Appleton wis. "koehnke woods"

They didn't provide my mother with a power of attorney created false documents and proof is in some clippings from oshkosh

James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Sep 11, 2023

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. To address potential illegal transfers or fraudulent actions in regard to a will or deed, it is advisable to seek out legal representation to assist in potentially rectifying this matter. They can help review the available evidence, including the... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Family Law, Arbitration / Mediation Law and Child Custody for Wisconsin on
Q: Can our Grandsons mother stop let us see our grandson with no warning? Our son died in 2020 and they were never married

Since 2020, he has come to stay every other weekend until 3 months ago, something changed and we've seen him once.

Over this last summer, she didn't let him stay half the summer like before because he's watching his 4 small siblings while her and her boyfriend work.... View More

Jane E. Probst
Jane E. Probst
answered on Nov 27, 2022

You can file a Motion for Grandparent Visitation for a Court Ordered schedule to see him if she is denying you contact.

1 Answer | Asked in Arbitration / Mediation Law and Estate Planning for Wisconsin on
Q: Our family cabin has 6 owners listed as tenants in common. One of the owners changed the locks and will not give keys.

What legal right do they have to do this and what are the other owners rights for seeking entry into their own property?

Nina Whitehurst
Nina Whitehurst pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Sep 22, 2021

A co-owner does not have the right to exclude another co-owner. You can take the owner that locked you out to court for a variety of remedies but probably the best remedy in the long run would be for you to obtain a court order to force the sale of the property and then split the proceeds. If you... View More

Q: How can I be the one in trouble with federal and state?

Police won't do their jobs for theft and Im being treated as if Im the criminal and being threatened. Why won't cops do tbeir jobs?

Gary Kollin
Gary Kollin
answered on Jul 24, 2019

That is neither a legal excuse nor a moral excuse for breaking the law

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.