Queens, NY asked in Civil Rights, Family Law and Civil Litigation for New York

Q: Is there any way around the statue of limitation in a case of a civil lawsuit?

I want to proceed with a lawsuit against the fostercare agency which represented me during my youth for civil rights violations, financial fraud, as well as theft of services,& emotional psychological distress.

1 Lawyer Answer
Peter Christopher Lomtevas
Peter Christopher Lomtevas pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Schenectady, NY
  • Licensed in New York

A: A tort statute is typically three years, but that is not the issue. The issue is whether the asker has standing to sue as a plaintiff against a foster care apparatus that included a family court. The answer will be no.

America's government creates problems for which they enact solutions. One problem touching upon this asker is the treatment she received while ripped away from her home and parents, and abused and ignored while with strangers. This was Trojan Horse legislation that led to immediate prosecution of parents accused of child neglect and abuse. A family court always found abuse and neglect, and always pulled the case through the ringer without pause. Federal matching funds flowed into state coffers.

There is no cause of action available to the asker. There is no such claim as negligent foster care. Filing a complaint will yield a dismissal.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.